Sunday, August 21, 2011

I made a Ring

Soo... Last night, when I was bored.
I started to make a friendship bracelet.
Unfortunately, I cut the cording way too short to make it.
So, I though, hmm.. what can I do with this?
I decided, I can make a ring!
So I did.

What You Need:
Cording. Like what I have been using in my other projects of late.
Scrap material.
Needle and matching thread.

Step 1:
Using a square not friendship bracelet pattern,
Start tying your knots, until you can wrap it around the desired finger.

Step 2:
Cut out a strip of fabric. 
Mine was about 1 cm wide and about 11'' long.
I just cut off the hem so that I didn't have to worry about fraying.

Step 3:
Cut a piece of cording the same length as the fabric.
Take the ends and sew a couple stitches to anchor the ends together.
Keep the needle and thread attached.
Put a dab of glue on the end.

Step 4:
Start folding your fabric over into loops to create the petals.
After each fold put a stitch through the whole flower.
After you have made all the petals you want.
Cut off the extra fabric and cording, dab glue on the ends.
Keep the thread still attached. Have it coming out of the middle bottom of your flower.


Step 5:
Grab the actual ring part you made earlier. 
take your thread and sew your flower onto your ring.
I did about 10 stitches through the whole flower and onto the ring.
I wanted it to be pretty anchored on.

Step 6:
I don't know how to do this part better...
But I just tied all my ends together of the ring, using square knots.
Then I just glued the ends that it wouldn't come undone.
Unfortunately this creates kinda a large knot.
You can feel it when you're wearing your ring, but it's not bad.

All Done!


Also, I made this bracelet using my scrap material.
I just braided the fabric. Sewed the ends together. Then did a zig-zag around the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment