Thursday, August 11, 2011

Grandma's Sugar Cookies

So.. I have been craving my grandma's sugar cookies for about a month now.
So, tonight, I finally made them.
Here is the recipe and how to make them yourself. 
They are SO good. For Reals!
Everyone I know who had tried them, has loved them.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cup Butter                      1 tsp Lemon Extract
2 1/4 Cup Sugar                       5 Cups Flour
4 Eggs                            2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla                                       2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Almond Extract


Step 1:
Mix together dry ingredients. (Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt)


Step 2:
Mix together all other ingredients. (Butter, Sugar, Eggs, Vanilla, and Extracts)

Step 3:
Mix dry ingredients with the other ingredients. It should make a soft dough

Step 4:
Cover and let chill for at least an hour. I snacked on some dough while waiting. ;)




Step 5:
Roll dough out and cut out shapes. 
Bake at 400 degrees. 6 minutes for thin cookies, 8-10 for thicker cookies.
I cooked mine 6 and it seemed plenty.



Step 6:
Make homemade frosting. You have to have homemade frosting with
homemade cookies. 

Frosting Ingredients
This recipe makes a ton of cookies. So you'll need a lot of frosting.
1 stick butter
1 lb of powdered sugar
Dash of Vanilla
A splash of milk.


The milk you have to be careful with because a little bit goes a long way. It's mostly eyeballing it.

Step 7:
I wanted to use colors. So I separated some of the frosting into separate bowls and
 added 3 drops of food coloring.



Step 8:
Frost your cookies! I used a plastic bag with the corner cut out to get finer lines.


You're Done! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment