Monday, July 30, 2012

I made a Zucchini Skillet

That's right folks, I made dinner for the family.
Super weird, I know.
But, it turned out pretty good, I did tweak a few things.
I will write the original recipe though, which is also found here.

Ingredients:
                                        1 tbs Canola Oil          1-1/2 C Zucchini; quartered lengthwise then sliced
1/2 C Green Bell Pepper; diced             1 can(15 oz) Black Beans; drained/rinsed   
1 Can(14.5 oz) Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic; undrained   
3/4 C Water        1 C Instant Rice
1/2 C Shredded Cheese


Step 1:
I was using brown, doesn't cook fast rice. Start it before you start slicing up your veggies.
Heat Oil in large skillet over Medium heat. Make sure it's sizzlin'.
Add Zucchini and Bell Pepper- cook 5 minutes(or until a little roasted) stirring occasionally.

Step 2:
Add Beans and tomatoes and water. 
I had fresh diced tomatoes from the garden, and I only added about 1/4 C Water.
I did sprinkle on some burrito seasoning to add some flavor.     

Step 3:
Bring to a boil; and add rice. Stir well. Cover, remove from heat and let stand 7 min.
Or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with Cheese. 
I just boiled it until my rice was done cooking, then I added my brown rice. I mixed it a little bit then sprinkled on some cheese. My family also put some hot sauce on it to add some more flavor.

Done! And it's Healthy! Bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment