Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Power Greens Quinoa Bowl

It’s only Tuesday and I’m posting! That is because I am really excited to share this yummy and healthy recipe. The freshness of it was perfect after a whole day of power snacking (i.e. Pumpkin Spice Oreos and shots of Whipped Cream). Like I said, it was nice to eat something healthy. But if you were wondering, overall the start of my week has been really great. Nothing crazy, normal school stuff, but that’s fine. I can handle normal. :)

This week I did my own meal planning and it was fun to pull out some recipes I hadn’t made for a while, one is this Power Greens Quinoa Bowl. This is so quick and easy, literally took 20 minutes. It makes two servings; I ate it warm for dinner, and then cold for lunch the next day.

INGREDIENTS
1 C Quinoa, uncooked
2 C Water
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1/3 Onion, diced
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 C Edamame, frozen
1 Zucchini, chopped
2 C Kale, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste

DRESSING
 ¼ C Tahini
¼ C Lime Juice, or Lemon
1 Tbsp Agave or Honey
Salt to taste

STEP 1
In a medium pot add quinoa and water. Bring to boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed.

STEP 2
In a separate pan, heat the oil over medium heat and sauté garlic and onions until softened and fragrant. Add Edamame and Zucchini, cook for about 5 minutes and add Kale.  Cook until softened, season with Salt and Pepper and remove from heat.

STEP 3
Prepare dressing by adding all of the ingredients and mix until smooth. Add a little water if too thick.

STEP 4

Scoop quinoa into bowl and top with vegetables and drizzle on the dressing. Enjoy! Yum… health!

adapted from: The Glowing Fridge

No comments:

Post a Comment