Friday, October 16, 2015

Butternut Squash and Black Bean Chili


Today I am blogging from Cheyenne, Wyoming! I am here for the long-weekend because my awesome big brother and his family live here! No offense Dan and Alyssa, but Milah and Brielle totally steal the show most the time; you made cute children.



They live in a nice house, on top of a hill that looks out over the city with lots of windows. My favorite window in the house is when you go to the bathroom there’s this giant window right there. So I always have an awesome view, even when using the baño it’s awesome! There are also a ton of cute bunnies everywhere, so I feel like I’m in a fairytale with all the woodland creatures. 

Okay, so to the recipe. This past week I made a delicious Butternut Squash Chili. I don’t know why, but lately I have been really craving chili, so I gave you a chicken one last time, and this time I’m giving you a vegetarian option! I also love how the butternut squash makes this chili look so bright and fun.


INGREDIENTS
2 medium Onions, diced
2 C Bell Peppers, diced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 medium-small Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
2 cans Black Beans, drained and rinsed
1 can Diced Tomatoes
2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
2 tsp. Cumin
2 tsp. Paprika
4 C Vegetable Broth
Salt and Pepper to taste

STEP 1
Begin by, Sautéing Onion, Garlic, Butternut Squash, and Bell Peppers until browned and soft in a large pot.

STEP 2
Add the rest of the ingredients and bring a boil, then lower heat to simmer for 15 minutes.

STEP 3
Done! Top with your favorite toppings.


Recipe from: Spark People

No comments:

Post a Comment