Friday, May 30, 2014

Tissue Paper Flower

So for Tay's birthday I may have gone a little overboard with the present.
I stuck a giant tissue flower on it.
I couldn't resist.
Also, I'm sorry they are bad pictures, it was late.
And sometimes when I get a craft idea in my head, I have to do it or else it drives me crazy.


WHAT YOU NEED
5 sheets of Tissue Paper in desired color
1 twist-tie or thin wire about 2-3 inches long
Scissors

STEP 1
Fold individually each Tissue Paper in half like a hot dog.
Then fold it like a fan in about 1'' folds.

STEP 2
One at a time cut the corners off of the the fans.
Making each color shorter then the other by about an inch.
So the longest one is your bottom, shortest one is the center color on top.

STEP 3
Stack paper on each other so that the folds match up as well as you can make them.
And squish it back together.

STEP 4
Pinch the middle together and wrap the twist tie around. 
Squish the wire flat while bringing out the sides into a circular shape.

STEP 5
Fluff!
Separate the tissue papers from each one layer at a time. Starting from the top.
This creates volume and a more circular look.

Isn't it cute!
Tay loves our tradition of a French Toast Kneader's breakfast.
(and so do I)




No comments:

Post a Comment