Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Mom's Mint Brownies

I remember my mom making these when I was little.
Just last week a helped out with a bake sale for a service project in school.
I made these, I was selling them so I didn't get to eat any,
BUT they sold out first!
Well, now a week later with the craving for mint brownies not going away
I finally made them for myself. 
Which means they not only look delicious but after re-trying them.
They. Are. Delicious.


DIRECTIONS
Grease a 10x15 inch Pan.
Heat oven to 350 degrees

BROWNIES
1 C Butter
2 C Sugar
4 Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 C Flour
1 tsp. Salt
2/3 C Cocoa

Cream together Butter, Sugar, Eggs, and Vanilla. Add Flour, Salt, and Cocoa. Mix well.
Spread batter into greased pan and cook for 20 minutes.
Cool in fridge.


MINT FILLING
While brownies are cooling, prepare the mint filling.
1 lb. Powdered Sugar
6 Tbsp Butter, melted
3 Tbsp. Evaporated Milk
1/2-1 tsp. Mint Extract (I used one, and it is pretty minty)
2-3 drops Red or Green Food Coloring

Combine all ingredients and mix. Mixture will be very thick. Spread filling onto cooled brownies and place back into fridge. 


CHOCOLATE GLAZE
3 Tbsp Butter
3 Tbsp Water
3 Tbsp Cocoa
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 C Powdered Sugar

Melt Butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. 
 Stirring constantly, being careful to not boil, add Cocoa and Water.
Remove from heat to cool slightly.
Blend in Vanilla and Powdered Sugar.

Pour Glaze over cooled brownies, let set. ENJOY!



Recipe from: Blue Sage Bites

No comments:

Post a Comment