Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Alison's Minestrone Soup

This recipe is from my family cookbook "Meals & Memories".
I decided to pull it out and make something.
I decided on my cousin Alison's recipe for Minestrone Soup,
and it was not a let down.
So yummy and warm!
Perfect to warm my freezing body with the cold weather coming in quickly.


INGREDIENTS
1 C Chopped Onion
½-1 C Zucchini, quartered lengthwise & sliced
1 C Frozen Green Beans
½-1 C Celery, chopped (I didn't include this, because I don't like celery)
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
4 C Vegetable or Chicken Broth
2 (15 oz) Cans Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
2 (15 oz) Cans White Beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz) Can Diced Tomatoes
½-1 C Carrots, diced
2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley
1 ½ tsp Dried Oregano
½ tsp Dried Thyme
3 C Hot Water
4 C Fresh Baby Spinach
½-1 C Small Pasta

STEP 1
In a large pot, saute Onion and Garlic until the onion is Translucent.

STEP 2
Add all ingredients except for Pasta and Spinach.
(Zucchini, Green Beans, Celery, Broth, Kidney and White Beans, Diced Tomatoes, Carrots, Parsley, Oregano, Thyme, and Water)
Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
Simmer for 20 minutes.

STEP 3
Add Pasta ad cook until Pasta is al dente, about 15-20 minutes.
Add spinach 4-5 minutes before pasta is finished.
Add about 1 tsp. Salt at the end to taste.

DONE! ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment