Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I made Sweet Potato Gnocchi

Hello, it's been a while.
Today I was experimenting in the kitchen.
I wanted to make GNOCCHI
but didn't have all the ingredients,
so I made up my own thing!

This is probably best as an appetizer, or a side-dish.
It is super yummy though.
Mia tested and roommate approved!

Ingredients:
1 Sweet Potato
1 1/4 C Flour
1 Egg
1/2 tsp All Spice
1 tbs Brown Sugar+some for sprinkling
1/4 tsp Cinnamon

2 tbs Butter

Step 1:
If sweet potato isn't cooked. Wash it, poke it with a fork and then stick in the microwave for about 4-5 min.
Peel and mash with a fork.

Step 2:
In a bowl mix potato, flour, egg, all spice, brown sugar, and cinnamon. You made need to add a lil' extra flour.
Mix until it forms a big dough ball.

Step 3:
Take pieces of dough and roll into about 1/2' diameter snake.
Cut it into about 1' long pieces.

Step 4:
Boil water in a pot, put gnocchi in. Boil until all gnocchi floats to the top. Drain and put in serving dish.

Step 5:
Take the 2 tbs butter and brown in pot.
Pour over gnocchi and then sprinkle brown sugar on top.

Enjoy! It tastes like fall to me.
I loved it. 

Yay first made-up recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment