Monday, June 11, 2012

I made some String-Love-State Displays

Okay, I haven't posted on this blog in forever.
I'm sorry. School and life got crazy.
But, here is a craft!!!!! 

It's really easy and didn't take too long.
And, I think it's really cute and would look good on its own
or as part of a picture collage on the wall.

SUPPLIES:
A wood board (found mine at Wal-Mart for $7)
Acrylic Paint- doesn't matter the color. :)
Small nails (about 70per state, you can buy these at Wal-Mart for 97c)
String (I use kite string, we already had a bunch, so I'm not sure of pricing)
A map/picture of the state you are doing
Hammer
Painters/Masking tape 

Step Numero Uno:
Paint the wooden board. 
I used 2 coats
let dry

Step Numero Dos:
Tape down your map where you want 
want the state outline to be.

Step Numero Tres:
Just start hammering in those nails.
All along that state boarder.
You can decide how many details you want to leave in, or take out.

Also, make sure you hammer a heart where you live in your state!
It's nice to remember, and most needed for this project.

Step Numero Quatro:
Peel up your map.
I had to use tweezers to get some of the trapped paper out.

Step Numero Cinco:
You wrap that string.
Like a thousand times, but don't worry, you will find a rhythm.
I started on an outside nail, tied a knot around the nail.
Then wrap it around and around, all around the state.
When I reached the end, I tied a knot on the same nail I started.
Cut the ends.


VOILA!!! DONE!
I did two states, because my heart belongs in both. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment