Monday, January 16, 2012

I made Lemon Bars

On my birthday I eat lemon bars.
Not cake.
Because I way prefer lemon bars over cake.
This recipe is from Deer Valley Resort.
It's SO good.

Ingredients:
2 Cups plus 1/4 Cup Flour
4 eggs
1/2 Cup plus 1 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
4 tsp grated lemon zest
1 C (8oz) Unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 C lemon juice
1/2 tsp baking powder
powdered sugar to sprinkle on top

p.s. it's 2 lemons.

Step 1: Crust
Heat oven to 325.
Mix 2 cups flour with 1/2 cup sugar
cut in butter, mix until dough looks like sand.
Press onto bottom of 9x13 inch baking pan
Bake 15-20 minutes until crust loses shine and
begins to show a hint of color. let cool.

Step 2: Lemon Part
Mix 1/2 C flour with 1 3/4 C Sugar and Baking powder

In another bowl Mix:
eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice.

Mix into the sugar/flour mixture until the ingredients are homogenous.
Pour over crust.
Bake until the filling has set and the edges are light golden...
about 20-25 minutes.
let cool.
Dust with PowderedSugar

SO Good! I loved eating these on my birthday
and celebrating with my friends.
Thank you everyone for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment